Google Livestream: Small Business Summer School
Back by Popular Demand: A Google Trainer Returns to MarkeTech
In the fast-changing world of social media and technology, it can be hard to keep up with the latest and greatest methods for reaching customers and making sales.
GROW Nebraska is here to help with the 2019 MarkeTech Conference on Wednesday, April 3, at the Younes Conference Center in Kearney.
Facebook and Google Advertising, SEO, boosting business with LinkedIn, cybersecurity and voice-activated search (like Amazon Alexa) are just a few of the topics that will be presented by professionals from Nebraska and across North America at this premier marketing and technology conference.
Keynote speaker Amanda Bond will travel to central Nebraska all the way from Canada to share her secrets for converting Facebook fans into customers. She has helped clients successfully create multi-million dollar product launches using Facebook ads. At MarkeTech, she will explain how to create revenue using both organic (non-paid) and paid methods.
Back by popular demand will be presentations from Google. Dave Meyer of Minnesota, a speaker with the Grow with Google program, will explain how customers find businesses online and how businesses can promote their online presence using a free business listing, search engine optimization (SEO) techniques and online advertising. He will also discuss how Google Analytics and Google Trends can help businesses.
Meyer will also present “Using Data to Drive Growth,” which will give marketers tools to help understand customer behavior online. He will teach attendees how to identify business goals and incorporate data into a marketing plan.
Meyer has more than 20 years of experience in marketing and communications and has presented digital marketing topics to thousands of people across the United States and Canada. His company, BizzyWeb, helps hundreds of clients Generate Buzz Without Getting Stung!
In addition to these national speakers, Nebraska professionals will present workshops as well:
- Kelly Medwick, EVP of Business Development for Firespring in Lincoln, will present “5 Ways to Optimize Your Online Messages for Voice Search.” Her presentation will help attendees learn how voice search is changing the digital landscape, examine SEO/keyword strategy and develop a plan to implement easy, quick changes.
- Brent Pohlman, CEO of Midwest Laboratories in Omaha, will present “How LinkedIn Can Work For You and Provide You With a Huge ROI.”
- Ryan Kulhanek, owner of Interactive 360 Virtual Tours based in Minden, will discuss “Web Presence, Google and Multimedia.” His presentation is intended for anyone who is interested in increasing website traffic or business awareness through images and multimedia content.
- Blake Peshek, owner of Provident Promotions in Hastings, will share tips for video and multi-media marketing strategies. He will explain how to create video content that is appealing to your target audience, how to convert viewers into customers and how to build a personal and professional brand through video.
- Kelley Peterson, video president and nonprofit creative director for KidGlov, will discuss “Brandraising – How to Channel Marketing’s Rule of Seven.” She will share how to use a combination of indirect and direct communication channels to advance your brand and bring in dollars.
- Todd Herges, Client Services Advocate at Intellicom in Kearney, will present CyberSecurity 101.
There is still time to register for MarkeTech. Early bird pricing has been extended until March 23. Register and see a full conference agenda at https://marketechconference.com/
Are Poor Images Holding Back Your Business?
Do you have a great product or service but can’t figure out why sales are slow?
The problem could be poor quality marketing images or a lack of images on your Google presence.
Ryan Kulhanek, owner of Interactive 360 Virtual Tours based in Minden, will present “Web Presence, Google and Multimedia” at one of the break-out sessions at GROW Nebraska’s MarkeTech conference on Wednesday, April 3.
“Lots of small businesses may be good at what they do, but they take their marketing images for granted,” Ryan said.
His presentation is intended for anyone who is interested in increasing website traffic or business awareness through images and multimedia content. He said quality images and photos should be a top priority, not an afterthought.
Ryan specializes in creating 360-degree multimedia tours for business promotion. He has traveled across the state and country creating 360 images for hospitals, colleges, fitness clubs, hotels, museums, resorts and sporting venues. See examples on his business website (http://interactive360tours.com/)
Many of his clients are large businesses, but Ryan said he has a passion for helping small business owners as well. After all, he is one, too. Ryan started two businesses right out of college and is still growing both of them. His other business is Rockit Event Pros, which rents inflatables, climbing walls and other adventure equipment for community and business events.
At MarkeTech, Ryan will share tips and resources for creating professional-quality images on Google and Google Street View. Ryan said statistics show that Google listings with quality images are viewed longer and more often than those without.
Ryan will conclude his presentation with a Q & A session to promote discussion and ideas from other business owners attending.
The early-bird registration deadline for MarkeTech is March 23. Now is a great time to join GROW Nebraska to receive the best conference rate of $49 for GROW Nebraska members and $199 for non-members. The price increases to $149 for members and $299 for non-members after March 23. Register here.